Women in Music Organizations Links
Top » Music » Women in Music » Organizations » Links
- Audio Venus, Women in Art, Music & Media - Global grassroots network of female artists, organizations, and media. Web community, live events.
- Bay Area Women in Creative Music - Women composers, songwriters, improvisers, and sound artists in the San Francisco Bay area.
- Black Women in the Arts - Organization in the United Kingdom dedicated to black women in the arts and music.
- Chard Festival - Chard Festival of Women in Music and Women's Music. Jazz Spring School, young women's bands, performers, works, links.
- Estrogen Music - Independent female musicians on the net.
- Feminist Theory and Music Six - A conference in Boise, Idaho, scheduled for July 2001. Elizabeth Gould, Chair.
- Fiddlechicks - Organization of women who play electric violin.
- Geisha Records - Geisha Star is a small women-run indie record label in Toronto dealing mainly with punk, ska, and rock acts.
- Gender Research in Music Education - Mission: to provide leadership, advocacy, professional contacts, and a strong research agenda for gender researchers in music education.
- GoGirlsMusic.com - Online community of independent women artists. Started in 1996, the organization is dedicated to promoting women in music.
- Guitar Girls - Songwriting contest, MIDI and Real Audio files, news, and resources.
- IAWM - The International Alliance for Women in Music, a resource on women composers and women in music topics, hosted by Abilene Christian University in Abilene, Texas.
- Indiegrrl - A forum for women in the independent music industry, including a mailing list, series of tours, and record label releasing compilation CDs.
- Instrumental Women, from Minnesota Public Radio - Program about women musicians in the United States, and their contributions to classical music.
- Lady Slipper - Non-profit organization whose primary purpose is to heighten public awareness of the achievements of women artists and musicians, and to expand the scope and availability of recordings by women.
- Los Angeles Women In Music - "LAWIM is dedicated to fostering and promoting equal career opportunities for women and men in the music industry."
- New York Women Composers - Non-profit that supports and promotes women composers of serious concert music.
- Peaceful Women's Music - Peaceful Women is an a capella group that expresses a strong commitment to womens issues, social justice, freedom, and the environment.
- Sounds & Furies Productions Vancouver B.C. - A small non-profit organization producing concerts, workshops, retreats and special events mainly in Vancouver and also journeys for women to sacred Goddess sites in Europe.
- The Fund for Women Artists - Non-profit arts service organization dedicated to increasing the diversity and employment of women in theatre, film, video and other art forms.
- The Society of Women in Music - Located in Vancouver Canada, is a resource and education organization that aims to increase the contribution and recognition of women in all aspects of the music.
- The Women's Philharmonic - (San Francisco) comprised of 70 women players; dedicated to the performance and promotion of the music of women composers, conductors, and performers.
- VPO Watch - Protesting the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra's discriminatory policies toward women.
- Women in Music National Network - Non-profit organization that supports the efforts and achievements of women in music through media, education and networking.
- Women in Music, United Kingdom - Celebrates and helps raise public awareness of women's work in all types of music.
- Women in the Arts, Inc. - Produce and sponsor programs that promote and affirm the creative talents and technical skills of women in the visual, performing, and fine arts.
- Women In The Audio Industry - Free resource for women to network with other women in professional audio.
- Womens Music - Site put together by Jeanne E. Shaffer, host of a weekly public radio show showcasing women composers. Includes database of women composers, discography, and other resources relating to the broadcasts.