Music Styles JazzBands and Artists
» Big Band
» Clubs and Venues
» Magazines and E-zines
» Post Bop
» Web Rings
» World Fusion
» Record Labels
» Agents and Managers
- About Jazz - Original articles, CD reviews, interviews, well-organized library of links (by About.com Jazz Guide, Blaine Fallis.)
- Acid Jazz - The Acid Jazz server contains information about the origin of the genre, group listings, clubs guides, discographies, and various pointers to related information.
- All about Jazz from Stonediver.com - Jazz instrumentalists and vocalists
- All Jazz Musicians - Photo gallery of all the jazz musicians met by Andrea Fancellu from Ozieri, Sardinia, Italy. SIte includes over 650 photos.
- All Legends.com - A guide to the legends of jazz, with biographies and links.
- All that Jazz... - Jazz for the Jazz fan, featuring KT's Cafe. InterNet Radio hosted by K.T. Mills. New shows every Saturday at 9PM Eastern. Archives 24/7.
- A Love Supreme - Artists listing with interviews, quotes, biographies, and links.
- Best Jazz CD List - A translation guide from the albums recommended in Len Lyons' book "The 101 Best Jazz Albums: A History of Jazz on Records" to currently available CD releases.
- Big Band Live Productions - Big band related photos, classifieds, calendar, websites listing, newsletter, and a message board.
- Bird Lives - Scathing reviews of the jazz establishment.
- British Dance Bands - Message board and discussion forum for all who love the great British dance bands of the 1920's, 1930's and 1940's as well as the popular music of that golden era.
- Complete Jazz Links - A list of the best jazz links on the net: e-zines, artist and genre guides, web-cast radio stations, and photography sites. Sponsored by Amherst College Jazz Studies.
- ContemporaryJazz.com - Weekly updated news, release dates, and charts. Has community and music sales.
- Frank's Music and Travels - About a man's love for jazz music and travels.
- Gallery 41 - Featuring rare, historical, and uniquely personal conversations with the greatest artists of our generation. Highlighted with photos and music.
- GMN.com - Jazz Home Page - Experience jazz, interviews, rehearsals and lectures in audio and video. Communicate with artists.
- Great Day in Harlem - Picture by Art Kane for Esquire magazine, containing a historical assemblage of jazz musicians, background on the shoot, order information for copies and for the Jean Bach documentary of the shoot.
- Indiana University's Worldwide Internet Jazz Resources - Eclectic list of 44 links to international jazz resources.
- InterJazz The Internet Jazz Plaza - Jazz musicians, clubs, festivals, management agencies, labels.
- International Jazz Day - Holiday created for jazz enthusiasts to celebrate and pay homage to the music they love and to the musicians, past and present, who sustain it. Includes a history of the first 60 years of jazz.
- Internet Jazz Club - Online community with featured artists and downloads.
- Jans Jazz page - MIDI and CakeWalk files and Band-in-a-Box styles for use in jazz practice.
- JazCraft - Original downloadable printed music, essays on the art,field and politics of jazz. Featured artist, pianist-composer, essayist G. F. Mlely. Archives, Comments and Links.
- Jazz@ - Features RealAudio streaming of some of the world's top jazz radio stations. Hot Links connects you to some of the hottest jazz sites around.
- Jazz After Hours - Jim Wilke's public radio jazz program, with program playlists.
- 4Jazz -- a guide to jazz from 4anything.com - A search engine for jazz.
- Jazz Collectors & Traders - A website for jazz collectors & traders, record trading.
- Jazz Corner Speakeasy - A bulletin board devoted to jazz, but not intended particularly for musicians.
- Jazz Country - This fun site is a guide to instrumental jazz and other improvisational music from around the world. Soundclips, album reviews, festival guides, concert listings and reviews, jazz books, links to artists homepages, and lots of funny jazz drawings.
- Jazz Emporium - Portal for Jazz including reviews, forum, and shopping.
- Jazz for the Unhip - A tour of jazz for Generation Y, with Britney Spears as the tour guide.
- Jazz Front Stage - Listen to jazz radio live from around the U.S. Find out what's going down with the record companies in the new releases section.
- Jazz Grrls - A list of web pages for some of the women in jazz, including cd reviews and a mailing list.
- Jazzmatazz-list of upcoming jazz CDs - List of upcoming and recent jazz CDs from major and independent labels.
- Jazz Online - the new voice in jazz - Reviews, FAQ, video interviews, bulletin board, artist interviews, archives.
- JazzOnWeb - Jazz portal, organized by categories.
- Jazzpromo.com - Source for news, interviews, CDs, photos, MP3s, promotional services, and education.
- Jazz Resources on the Internet - Links collected by Northwestern U's radio, WNUR.
- Jazzreview.com - Jazzreview.com is your connection to reviews of the hottest new jazz releases. Also featuring jazz news, artist interviews, jazz photography, charts, concert / club / festival reviews, CD giveaways and guest reviews.
- Jazz Roots Rhythms - Jazz Roots Rhythms celebrates jazz, soul, blues, gospel, World Music, San Francisco and the global music scene.
- Jazz Scene - Database of audio files, chat, and news.
- Jazzserver - Add your jazz concerts on the fly to the interactive world jazz concert schedule.
- Jazz@Sounds - RealAudio streaming of programming from a choice of classic and contemporary jazz radio stations from around the world.
- JazzSpace - A Warner Bros. site featuring community, news and shopping.
- Jazz Stuff - Hosts websites for about a dozen jazz artists, with forums and chat rooms in which jazz fans can interact with the artists and each other.
- Jazz @ The Ten Spot - Includes the Jazz Calendar, playlists, links for individual jazz artists, cds, book, and festivals.
- Jazz Valley - Offers concert, show, venue, festival, and musicians information, and CDs for sale.
- Jazz World - Photo gallery and features of select Jazz musicians.
- JazzWorld.Com - Community, news, music and software sales, and music downloads.
- Jazz World Database - Large directory of jazz related information.
- Jerry Jazz Musician - Jazz and mid 20th Century Americana. Amazon associate products, quiz questions, links, original interviews, and original art.
- Kozmigroov - An overview of cosmic and psychedelic jazz.
- Mainly Big Bands - Website featuring big band cd reviews, biographies, and links.
- Mary Haley's ragtime and related music home page - Information on ragtime concerts, festivals, societies, and clubs, list of ragtime CD recordings and sheet music, pointer to MIDI files, pointers to where you can order ragtime merchandise, and other related links
- Mister Lucky - Jazz reviews and cocktail recipes.
- Montreux Sounds Records - The Montreux Jazz Festival live concerts database includes access to broadcast television programs, RealAudio, RealVideo excerpts. Live recordings made throughout the years are available for purchase as well.
- 52nd Street Jazz - 52nd Street Jazz is devoted to presenting reviews, news, online discussion forums, buying and selling sources and other related information about the world of jazz. Your hosts: Les Line and Neil Rudish.
- New York Jazz - Jazz band serving New York, Long Island, New Jersey and Connecticut linked to Stan Weist Music.
- Notz.com: Jazz Pages - Education, guitar, tips on practicing, acid jazz, links, MIDI files, CDs and books.
- Ollie's Music Room - "Ollie's Music Room, a place to promote jazz music, and a great sax performer." Jazz midis arranged by style and composer.
- People of Jazz Index - Brief summary of artists' basics, with links to websites about each artist.
- Photographs from the Golden Age of Jazz - The William P. Gottlieb Collection, comprising over sixteen hundred photographs of celebrated jazz artists, documents the jazz scene from 1938 to 1948, primarily in New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Red Hot and Cool Jazz - Listen to jazz over the net, participate in jazz chat, check out a long list of jazz links.
- Riverwalk, Live from the Landing - Public Radio jazz series, broadcast on more than 250 radio stations.
- Russ Neff's Guide To Real Jazz - Includes 'The Jazz Joke Archive,' an extensive collection of links, feature articles, reviews & tributes. Hosted by veteran jazz journalist and producer Russ Neff.
- Sherman, Mark - Features sound bites, discography, itinerary, projects, and biography for this Juilliard educated percussionist.
- Sister Kate's Jazz and Blues Page - News, views and comments for active musicians and enthusiasts of New Orleans music, dixieland or traditional jazz, ragtime, blues, swing and 20's style dance music.
- Smooth & Soul - A guide to the world of smooth jazz. The gallery has more than 400 biographies of performers.
- Smooth Jazz Vibes - Dedicated to smooth jazz, offering reviews, a bulletin board, and comprehensive links.
- Some Jazz Poetry - Webpages of poems about the legends of jazz including Miles Davis, Zoot Sims, Dizzy Gillespie, and Stan Getz.
- So What? - So What? is a South Coast California band that plays contemporary jazz with a twist of rhythm and blues and funk. Their site includes a gig list, sound samples and booking information.
- Start a jazz collection - A selection of essential CDs to start a jazz collection. CDs are divided into several lists : basic, initiation, avant-garde, European jazz, Belgian Jazz, blues. Special attention is given to Belgian jazz productions.
- Take Phive Jazz - Extensive collection of jazz links, artist biographies, discographies, & images, history, recordings, online radio, and reviews.
- The Best Jazz Albums on CD - A list of the best jazz albums available on CD, from ragtime to free jazz.
- The BigBands Database and Archive of Popular Music - A wealth of information about big bands of different kinds, a calendar of events, information about ukulele jazz, a glossary of jazz terms and slang.
- The Clarinet In Jazz Since 1945 - Biographical and discographical information on a long list of notable jazz clarinetists, including links to other sites.
- The Golden Age of Jazz - William P. Gottlieb's online gallery of jazz photographs.
- The Jazz Files - A tribute to some of the greatest Jazz Musicians of the 40's, 50's and 60's such as Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Chet Baker, Art Blakey, Cannonball Adderly
- The Jazz-L Juke Joint - A discussion group for jazz-lovers.
- The Jazz Network Website - News, interviews, reviews, photographs, and jazz giveaways.
- The Lorenz-Pulte Jazz Page - This site is about Cab Calloway, Blanche Calloway, Louis Armstrong, Don Redman, Fats Waller, Frankie "Half-Pint" Jaxon, and Lil Johnson.
- The Red Hot Jazz Archive - A history of Jazz before 1930. This site contains over 2000 songs from this era in Real Audio 3 format, as well as hundreds of biographies and discographies of Jazz musicians.
- Top20Jazz.com - Guide to artists, downloads, news, reviews, charts, and videos.
- University of Chicago's Jazz Archives - Sheet music and 78rpm recordings from 1919, through the hey-day Twenties, up to the Depression era.
- WNUR-FM's Jazz Server - Very valuable collection of links on all aspects of jazz. Has search-engine mechanism. A co-operative, non-profit site.
- Yeags Inc. - Altissimo fingering chart for tenor sax and tips and information on jazz style.