Avant-Garde Experimental Links
Top » Music » Styles » Avant-Garde » Experimental » Links
- Allsound - A Slashdot-styled news and discussion forum covering the gamut of experimental, fringe and avant-garde music and sound art. Updated daily.
- European Free Improvisation - Large resource with profiles and links to articles and sites on non-idiomatic improvisational music, artists, and related independent labels.
- Insine - A space where you can listen to and download music from new artists and labels in the experimetal/noise/electronica scene.
- L'entrepot - A resource center for unconventional tunes, especially electronic, experimental, self-willed pop and rock, lo-fi, and post rock. Reviews, interviews and links.
- Livingroom.org - Forum for experimental music, new artistic ideas, performance art, multimedia performance, live art, improvisation and avant garde creative endeavors.
- Mother Tongue Projects - Group developing various sound and musical productions as well as new media events and live performances, striving to bring together tradition and research, classicism and eclectism.
- Musings - A resource for non-standard music, such as free improvisation, out-there jazz, composition, and electro-acoustics. Reviews, MP3s, searchable archives and excellent connections to the rest of the world.
- NoiseIndex - NYC industrial, experimental, and noise resource, with calendar, reviews, photos, artist profiles, and music clips.
- NoiseWeb - A site for dark, ambient and experimental noise and sounds, with event listings, articles and interviews, and links to related sites.
- NoizGuild - A noise/power electronic/industrial/experimental label, project, and DJ team.
- NOMUSIC - An audio art gallery with several exhibits, and a call for entries.
- OddMusic.com - Focused on unusual, experimental and ethnic music, such as music created in unusual ways or with unusual insturments. With sound clips, pictures of instruments, and links to related sites.
- Psychedelic Noise - Interviews and personal reviews of music being released in both New Zealand and Japan.
- The Blender - Australian portal and news site for experimental, noise, drone and related music styles.
- The Deep Listening Catalog - The main site for Pauline Oliveros' Deep Listening Band and their record label, which includes such composers as Phil Niblock and Malcolm Goldstein. Experimental, avant-garde and minimalist music.
- The History of Experimental Music in Northern California - An extensive archive of information about experimental music from the 50s through the present, including artists, composers, groups, labels and articles.
- The Incredible Disharmonic Sound Experience - Create your own modern sound - piano improvisations from Thomas Thü Hürlimann.
- The Make It Up Club - Melbourne's imrovisational music and multi-arts performance venue, specializing in jazz, noise, experimentation, and sound surgery. Inlcudes video footage, profiles, gigs, and chat.
- Trombonisticalisms - A site for trombonists, free improvisors, and other intellectuals.
- Zu Casa - A laboratory for online exhibition and performance of improvised and experimental music, artist film and video, and net art.