Record Labels By Style Reggae
Top » Music » Record Labels » By Style » Reggae
- Ariwa Sounds - The website of Neil Fraser/Mad Professors own record company Ariwa Sounds.
- Arrayed Roots Sounds - Promoters of reggae and dub music and culture. With Dubware catalog, artist profiles, and links to related resources.
- Artists Only!: Reggae - Releases from Half Pint, The Abyssinians, and Lee Perry.
- Blood and Fire - Influential UK reggae label. Re-issuers of quality reggae, with an online shop and very popular 'phorum.' They intend to raise standards of reggae re-issues, and ensure the artists and producers get paid. Vinyl and CDs available.
- Bongo Boy CDs - CD duplicator and small indie label with several world beat, ska, and reggae releases.
- Channel One UK - Channel One UK. The website of Martin Cambell, UK Reggae vocalist and reggae label owner.
- Disciples - Disciples have been the rhthym force behind a massive number of tunes on a multitude of labels. Worthy of mention are their own productions on Boom Shacka Lacka and Backyard Movements imprints.
- Easy Star Records - Original live reggae from New York featuring newcomers and legends.
- Greensleeves Records - Recently celebrated their 25th anniversary in the Reggae music arena. Reggae classics through to Ragga and Dancehall new releases.
- Heartbeat Records - Launched in 1981 Heartbeat is a US reggae label dealing mainly with roots artists. Great depth and scope in their catalogue of releases.
- Jah Scout Records - Conscious reggae music featuring Norris Man, Anthony B, Paul Elliott, and Cecile.
- Jah Shaka - Well respected sound system owner/operator has also a vast catalogue of own productions on his Jah Shaka Music label.
- Jah Tubbys - UK based sound system, dub cutting studio and record label. Features UK reggae and dub on their Jah Tubbys and Y&D label imprints.
- Jah Warrior Records - UK based Roots Reggae and Dub label. Sound system turned record label has released a broad range catalogue with many Roots artists both foundation and new.
- Jet Star Records - Founded in 1967 by Harry, Carl and Jeff Palmer as a company called Pama Records that evolved into Jet Star a company that boasts to be the "world's largest reggae distributor" as well as a label in their own right.
- Madhouse Records - Dave Kelly's record label site. Producer of Joyride, Bug, Pepperseed, and Bogle rhythms, this is the official site of dancehall reggae artists Baby Cham, Wayne Wonder, Frisco Kid, and Mr. Easy.
- MaximumSound - An independent label producing reggae, ragga, and dancehall hosted by producer Frenchie, formerly of Fashion Records.
- Microphonic - Microphonic is essentially a record company / record label set up to showcase new and original music that is played not programmed.
- Motion Records - Label featuring releases by King Tubby, Skatalites, and Captain Patrick.
- Nighthawk Records - The finest traditional reggae artists are represented by Nighthawk Records. Including Itals, Ronnie Davis, Justin Hinds, the Ethiopian, Winston Jarrett, Gladiators, and Murder City Players.
- On-U Sound - Famous British reggae/dub label run by genius producer Adrian Sherwood.
- Runn Records - Netherlands-based music label, with online catalogue, artist pages, news, studio details and general company information.
- Soul Jazz Records - This world music label is establishing itself as the leader in "Studio One" re-issue as well as their notable 'Dynamite' series of albums immortalising fortnightly sound system outings.
- The Pressure Sounds Website - UK based Re-issue label with a wealth of roots and culture Reggae muaic in their growing catalogue.
- Third Eye Music - A website full of information about Rootsman, Dayjah, Earl Sixteen and other artists associated with the third eye stable.
- Trojan Records - Now part of the Sanctuary Records Group, Trojan have recently been revitalised and are demonstrating a healthy re-issue of their vast back catalogue of music.
- Tuff Gong - A studio, disrtibutor, manufacturer and seller of reggae records. With discography, services, mission, and store.
- Universal Roots - Brixton based Universal Roots reggae label run by RDK's Markie Lyric.
- VP Records - Based in Jamaica & Queens NY, VP are a pioneering force in the reggae music industry. From roots & culture to soca and dancehall, VP Records is a record label that represents the full spectrum of Caribbean music.